One (1) full-time, exempt position
LOCATION: Donald A. LaPointe Health & Education Facility
Baraga, MI 49908
SUPERVISORY CONTROL: Health Administrator
- Current Nurse Practitioner licensure to practice in Michigan.
- Must have a valid, unrestricted driver’s license and must be insurable to operate fleet vehicles.
- General knowledge of Indian cultures or experience working with Native American people.
- Computer skills preferred. Must have knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory clearance in accordance with the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act Background Investigation Policy.
- Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory result of a Security Background Check, pre-employment drug screening, and a pre-employment physical.
MANDATORY ANNUAL REQUIREMENTS:
- CPR Training
- Universal Precautions
- TB Skin Test
- Mandatory Reporter Training
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference will be given to qualified individuals of American Indian descent.
VETERAN PREFERENCE: Preference will also be given to Veterans (need DD214).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering patient care.
2. Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation and collaboration or referral.
3. Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues.
4. Educates patients and/or families about preventative care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
5. Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations in a timely manner.
6. Facilitates evaluation of records by physicians, peers, and quality and standards according to protocols, and receives implements constructive directives.
7. Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or “hands-on training” and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
8. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.