The KBIC Tribal Council is comprised or 12 members elected to serve 3 year terms by the voting membership. Tribal elections are held annually in the month of December with reorganization taking place the following January. One third of the council is up for election every year.
2014 Tribal Council Members
President: Donald Shalifoe Sr.
Vice-President: Carol L. LaPointe
Secretary: Jean Jokinen
Assistant Secretary: Gary Loonsfoot Sr.
Treasurer: Eddy Edwards
Council Member: Robert R.D. Curtis JR.
Council Member: Mike F. LaFernier Sr.
Council Member: Susan J. LaFernier
Council Member: Elizabeth "Chiz" Matthews
Council Member: Don Messer
Council Member: Jennifer Misegan
Council Member: Warren C. Swartz, Jr
REGULAR TRIBAL COUNCIL MEETING
OJIBWA CASINO CONFERENCE ROOM
SATURDAY – JULY 12, 2014 – 9:00 A.M.
- Date: July 12, 2014
- Call to Order: Ogimaa Shalifoe
- Invocation: Ogimaa Shalifoe/Elders
- Opening Song: Four Thunders
- Roll Call: ___Donald Shalifoe, Sr., Ogimaa
___Carole L. LaPointe, Vice Chairwoman
___Jean Jokinen, Secretary
___Gary F. Loonsfoot, Sr., Assistant Secretary
___Eddy Edwards, Treasurer
___Robert R.D. Curtis, Jr.
___Michael F. LaFernier, Sr.
___Susan J. LaFernier
___Elizabeth “Chiz” Matthews
___Don Messer, Jr.
___Warren C. Swartz, Jr.
- Declaration of Quorum:
- Approval of Agenda: July 12, 2014
- For Your Information:
- Letter from George Hopkins, Narragansett Indian Tribal Council
- GLIFWC Minutes from May 1, 2014 Meeting
- Department of the Treasury – IRS Compliance Check
- Kevin Washburn, U.S. Dept. of the Interior – Alaska Trust Acquisition
- Kevin Washburn, U.S. Dept. of the Interior – Advance Notice of Proposed Rule Making
- Thank You Letter from Grayson Roe
- Letter from Lou Yost, U.S. Board on Geographic Names
- Approval of Meeting Minutes – July 2, 2014
- Treasurer’s Report/June 2014
- Ogimaa’s Report/May & June 2014
- Department Head Reports – May 2014 (on SharePoint)
- Unfinished Business:
- Eddy Edwards, Treasurer – FY 2015 IHP
- New Business:
- Patricia Bowden – Pinery Cemetery (228-8360)
Dan MacNeil, Attorney –
- Lucky 7’s Business and Food Service Renewal Contracts
- Jeremy Hebert Business Renewal License, C & C Tire
- Jeffrey Loman Business License, Keweenaw Konsulting
- Richard Geroux Business Renewal License, Jimaganish Wadokaged
- Holly Makela, Healing to Wellness Coordinator – Substance Abuse Memorial/Recovery Walk
- Eddy Edwards, Treasurer – July Donations
- Debbie Parrish, KBOCC Director – College Update/Open House
- Closed Session (Open to Tribal Members Only):
- Eddy Edwards, Treasurer – Casino Presentation
- Closing Song: Four Thunders